|Daily Schedule||Monday, Tuesday,Thursday, Friday||Wednesday – Late Start|
|Office Hours||7:30 am-4:15 pm||7:30 am-4:15 pm|
|Bus Pick-Up||As scheduled||One hour later than scheduled|
|Doors Open & Breakfast Served||8:55am-9:15am||9:55am-10:15am|
|Official Tardy Bell||9:15am||10:15am|
- 8:55 Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday
- 9:55 Wednesday (one hour late!)
- Front doors open and students go to eat breakfast or go to class
Please do not have your student wait on the playground before arrival time. There is no supervision.
- 3:30 every day
- Students are dismissed from the front under the covered area
Please be on time to pick up your students, we do not have staff available to wait with them.
- If your home is busing eligible (meaning you don’t live within walking distance) your child can ride the bus.
- All students will be required to register for busing this year. Registration will be sent via email as well as stations at our Open House.
- Kindergarten students are required to have a parent at the stop to meet them or they will not be released.
Breakfast and Lunch
- Meals are free for all students this year
- Breakfast will be served from 8:55-9:15. Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate families for meals this year.
Kiss and Go
- Teachers will be leading morning instruction when doors open at 8:55 as we prepare for the day.
- In order to preserve and maximize our precious instructional minutes, families will need to “kiss and go” outside the building at arrival.
- If you are interested in meeting with your students’ teacher or volunteering in the building, please reach out to our teachers and set up a time to do so.
- What’s Site Council? This team of staff and community members is responsible for our school improvement plan. They closely monitor progress towards attainment of the goals during the school year; review and revise as necessary each spring for the following year.
- What’s the Mustang Parent Group? This group of community members and parents plan events throughout the year such as fundraising and social event like the school carnival. These events require a parent group in order to happen!
- If you are interested in joining our school Site Council or our Parent Group we would love to have you! Reach out to Shannon Deems our Principal!
- Students learn best when they are in their classrooms for the entire day – from 9:15am until 3:30pm.
- We track student attendance and will send letters and make phone calls home to encourage strong attendance.
- Unless you have a family emergency, please make sure your child attends school from 9:15am until 3:30pm.
- Students will be marked as tardy after 9:15 am.
- Students will not be released early from class (between 2:45pm and 3:30pm) unless you call our office before 2:30 pm.
- Please call when your student is absent to report and excuse the absence (503-256-6502). If we do not receive a call, we will be calling you to ensure your child is safe at home.
- Our school’s SUN program is staffed by the IRCO organization.
- The after school program will run from 3:30pm to 5:30pm Monday – Thursday. Student schedules will vary depending on class availability.
- SUN Coordinator – Josh Love 503-256-6502 ex: 5107
Volunteer with the SMART reading programs in David Douglas next year!
Support children’s literacy in our community and inspire a love of books and reading. As a Site Coordinator, you’ll work with the school staff to schedule students and volunteers, and provide program oversight during reading sessions. Just three to five hours a week will make a significant contribution at Gilbert Heights Elementary. SMART is fun and further encourages children to read outside the classroom by giving them new books each month to take home and keep. Training is provided and the program will run through mid-May. If interested in learning more, visit the SMART website www.getSMARToregon.org or call 971-634-1603.