Hi Gilbert Heights,
This year our transportation department is rolling out a new program called the Z-Pass. This program is designed to enhance bus rider safety by giving the Transportation Department the ability to track when and where each student gets on and off a district school bus.
- The District has partnered with a company called Zonar to provide the badges.
- Students must carry their badge (a Zpass), with them to ride the school bus.
- The Zpass will be scanned as students enter and exit the bus, recording the card number, location and time.
- Select district staff and parents will have access to this information.
- Parents can view ridership information by using ZPass+, a ridership alerts app from Zonar.
- District bus drivers will issue ZPass badges along with lanyards and backpack straps to students currently riding a district school bus.
- Parents can opt out of tracking.
The District began implementing the program a few schools at a time during winter and spring of 2022 and we’re up!
Please reach out with any questions you may have, they may be on my list too!